Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elephants: Good or bad luck?

1. Default Elephants: Good or bad luck?

Wasnt sure where to put this;

Elephants are one of my fav animals, Ive been told by two people that they are unlucky depending on whether their truck is up or down.

My ex has bought me a statue for my birthday of a group of elephants connected together all but 2 have their trucks down.

What are your thoughts, this luck thing is something Ive never heard before, plus I find it slightly ironic and amusing that if that is so, that they came from my ex lol.
    "Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof" Kahlil Gibran
    Warmth and Harmony
    SoulfulGhost

Elephants with trunk up = good luck, good fortune. Elephants with trunks down are just elephants with trunks down..no omen. I collect elephants
    Each and every moment, we are granted the gift of choice.

In loving spirit and in light,

Dawn

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NatHope View Post
    Wasnt sure where to put this;

Elephants are one of my fav animals, Ive been told by two people that they are unlucky depending on whether their truck is up or down.

My ex has bought me a statue for my birthday of a group of elephants connected together all but 2 have their trucks down.

What are your thoughts, this luck thing is something Ive never heard before, plus I find it slightly ironic and amusing that if that is so, that they came from my ex lol.

Since it's from your ex..... it's BAD LUCK. She's keeping the energy cords active. Send it back or toss it out.
    Laura
    Professional Spirit medium/author/teacher

My free meditations

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by newdawn View Post
    Elephants with trunk up = good luck, good fortune. Elephants with trunks down are just elephants with trunks down..no omen. I collect elephants
    Thanks Dawn, I find them fascinating creatures!
    And as I say Ive never heard of this bad luck thing attached to them but it was the first thing both people said when I said I got an elephant statue lol
    "Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof" Kahlil Gibran
    Warmth and Harmony
    SoulfulGhost

5. Default

but.. if it wasn't from your ex... this is the common belief

there is a general belief in many eastern cultures that an elephant with the trunk pointed up "stores" luck and one with the trunk down "dispenses" it.
    Laura
    Professional Spirit medium/author/teacher

My free meditations

Well I do have to agree with Laura on this one Nat. I have been told that when you are given things from people or hold on to it that its the same thing as inviting them into your life. I love elephants too but the kind that dont come with negative energy chords.
    Each and every moment, we are granted the gift of choice.

In loving spirit and in light,

Dawn

7. Default

Can't we just cut the energy cords like we do with all energy cords even thou it was a gift? Or what if it's pictures of your child and ex together that you are saving for when your child grows up you want them to have those? What would I do with those kind of items?

You can move my question somewhere else if you'd like.

I love Elephants as well and have some in my bathroom with their trunks up. Thank you for letting me know if this was good or bad as I had no idea.

Love and blessings

ps. sorry if it took off on another note but want to make sure we understand how that connection worked. Do we have a thread like this if not I can start one.
    I love, I learn, I teach

8. Default

Hmmm...perhaps it arriving broken and me having to spend some of the day fixing it together was a sign that perhaps I should have tossed it out in the first place lol.

It only just occured to me that I had to fix it before I could display it. No coincidences right!

I keep thinking well arent I being ungrateful for getting rid of it, but then again Im not am I, its about self preservation and cutting the cords.

Interesting to know that laura, so it dispenses luck with truck down rather than instantly gives bad luck, thanks

On a note away from elephants I have been taking an axe to those cords of late and been doing really well in regards to my Ex.

Capn, its a good question you pose, about whether we can cut the cords that are connected to objects the way we cut them with the person.
    Warmth and Harmony
    SoulfulGhost

9. Default

I am so proud of you Nat! With your progress of cutting cords with your ex : )
    You have come a long way and have such a radiant light about you. (though you always have)
    Very proud : ) and I wish you more strength and peace to continue
    I am strong because I know my weakness, beautiful because I see my flaws, a lover because I have felt hatred, fearless because I have been afraid, wise because I have been foolish.

10. Default

Ahhh, elephants are one of my favourites too.

My Nanna has always collected them, I am not actually sure where her fascination comes from.

Anyway, I have never heard about the trunks up or downess but, I have always been taught that an elephants trunk must always be facing a door or window and never a wall. If they don't have an exit to face then they bring bad luck. I think it is beleived that they channel the bad stuff away so need to be facing a door.

Anyway the internet search begins...